How To Fix Nintex Workflow Activation Error
Enabling Nintex Workflow Feature failed
I wanted to Enable the Nintex Workflow Features for the newly created web application. The moment selects the web application and click ok to Activate the feature, below error appeared.
Different Posts on Nintex Community was saying different options for the same error. On of those was database Logical name was different than source Farm DB. But in my case even I make database logical names same, it did not work for me.
Then I had to check with Nintex Support for further details and they helped me to get the solution
Sorry, something went wrong
Warning: Unable to add the application pool account to the Nintex Workflow database. If you have permissions problems, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.
Correlation ID: be63519f-6822-4080-8d49-03863e6e0832
Date and Time: 5/11/2020 6:06:34 PM
- Farm account did not has enough permission for the Nintex config database. Error was in ULS As follows
- Permission Error :Cannot
open database "Nintex Config DB Name" requested by the login. The
login failed. Login failed for user “domain\farm account”.
- Solution: Provide WSS_Content_Application_Pools db permission for Farm account on Nintex Config Database
- Nintex Configuration Database was not getting updated with the new DB Server Name on dbo.Databases Table.
- Root Cause :When attached an existing configuration
database to the Upgraded SharePoint farm, Nintex was failed to update the New
DB Server Name in Databases table in Nintex Config Database.
- Solution: Update the ServerName Column on dbo.Databases Table on config Database with Actual DB Server name or SQL Alias you have used in the farm.